July 4, 2014

Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake

I have been pretty obsessed lately with trying out new recipes...so much that I haven't had much time to blog! I will admit that I have spent most of my evenings at home watching Grey's Anatomy and baking up a storm! I made this one recently and brought it into work...it was devoured pretty quickly :)

I found this recipe for Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake on Pinterest...yes I still get most of my new recipes from there. I have been dying to get my hands on some blueberries and bake up something amazing but I wasn't sure exactly what it was I wanted to bake. I scrolled through my Pinterest boards in an attempt to bake something that I pinned awhile back...still trying to be more diligent about actually making the things I pinned. This one just happens to be one that I pinned when I first got hooked on Pinterest.

Wouldn't you love to wake up to this for breakfast?

This recipe was so easy but you do need to have a few things on hand in order to make it. I had to go to the store to pick up the Buttermilk, Blueberries, and Lemon...I just don't keep those stocked!

The first thing you'll want to do is zest your lemon! After you've done that combine your butter, sugar, and lemon.

Set aside and in another bowl toss some flour and your blueberries.

Combine all your ingredients into one bowl and mix just until combined. You'll add your blueberries last and will want to gently fold them into your batter.

Pour into a greased pan and sprinkle with sugar. I used a cake pan because I didn't have a square pan but it worked out just fine. Then you pop that baby into a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.



Be prepared for your home to smell lovely! I actually baked this on a Saturday night so I'd have a wonderful breakfast to heat up while enjoying a cup of coffee and my book on Sunday but it was really hard not to eat a slice fresh from the oven.


This recipe was amazing! There was just a slight lemon flavor to it but the blueberries overpowered everything...in a great way! I am a huge fan of anything blueberry flavored so this was a hit for me. And it was wonderful when warmed up in the oven and the microwave!

Just check out those blueberries...YUM!



This amazingly easy and delicious recipe is courtesy of the blog Alexandra Kitchen and you can bet I'll be trying more of her recipes! Make sure to go check out her blog and be sure to try this one if you are a lover of breakfast dishes and blueberries!

I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy Fourth of July!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang