June 24, 2014

City Girl, Country Vet

Last weekend I was able to finish City Girl, Country Vet by Cathy Woodman. This book was a gift from my friend Alycia and I'm sure she selected it for me because A. It's all about animals and B. It's a British Chick Lit!!

The book revolves around Maz who ventures out to the country to fill in as a relief Vet. Her friend Emma owns a vet practice and is taking some time off to travel and decompress with her husband. Maz, who hails from London agrees, but soon discovers that she may not be cut out for small town country life! Between a deep rooted vet rivalry, your typical town odd balls, and a romantic interest it's a fun read! I never got to a point where I was bored and I was always rooting for the best for a majority of the characters.

And a huge shout out to Alycia because this book was already a winner before I was even 20 pages in...



I had to do a double take as soon as I saw my name in the book!! I was like oh yes I'm already sold on this book!! It was amazing so of course I took a picture right away :)

For those who love British Lit this is another must read! And it was a quick read for me! I read this over two days and enjoyed every minute! It's a little predictable and of course it's a chick lit so there's a bit of unrealistic romance in there but who doesn't love that??

Overall I give this book an A+!! Thank you to Miss Alycia for providing me with yet another great novel!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I am so glad you like it.

... Not gonna lie, I also picked it because the cover was just too cute!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang